06 Jun Boundaries for Life: Get your health checked at the Cricket in 2018
Healthy Stadia is pleased to announce its involvement in this year’s Boundaries for Life programme for the 2018 cricket season which will visit nine stadia including Lord’s, Old Trafford and Edgbaston.
Boundaries for Life is a health screening initiative that aims to engage fans in a relaxed environment. The health checks, which take approximately 15 minutes, are designed to access hard-to-reach communities, particularly men from black and minority ethnic backgrounds (BAME) – many of whom would not normally access statutory health services.
Medical professionals including doctors, nurses and dentists perform the health checks which include measurement of resting blood pressure, measuring body mass index (BMI), a cholesterol check and a basic mouth check. These simple tests help to raise awareness of several diseases including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke and mouth cancer.
Following the inaugural health checks in 2010, Boundaries for Life is a well-evidenced health promotion vehicle for use at cricket venues and the team will be travelling the length and breadth of the country visiting a total of nine stadia including Headingley in the north and the Ageas Bowl in the south.
This year Boundaries for Life will be hosted at a wide selection of international matches and domestic cup fixtures at the following grounds:
- Saturday 16 June: England vs Australia – 2nd ODI – SSE SWALEC (Cardiff)
- Sunday 17th June: Edgbaston Community Day – Warwickshire XI vs West Indies XI – Edgbaston (Birmingham)
- Sunday 24 June: England vs Australia – 5th ODI – Emirates Old Trafford (Manchester)
- Saturday 30 June: Royal London One-Day Cup Final – Lord’s (London)
- Tuesday 7th July: India A vs West Indies A – The County Ground (Beckenham)
- Tuesday 17th July: England vs India – 3rd ODI, Emerald Headingly (Leeds)
- Sunday 22 July: Kent vs Leicestershire – County Championship – The Spitfire Ground (Canterbury)
- Thursday 2nd August: England vs India – 1st Test – Edgbaston (Birmingham)
- Sat 1 & Sun 2 September: England vs India – 4th Test – Ageas Bowl (Southampton)
- Sunday 4th September: Sussex vs Leicestershire – County Championship – 1st Central County Ground (Hove)
For more information about Boundaries for Life, click here.